Two of the top improvement guru's, Prof Jason Leitch and Dr Dominique Allwood, joined us for a live Q&A about the UK's national response to COVID-19.
Some of excellent questions asked by the audience included:
- How is the UK health service coping?
- What has changed?
- Are you measuring the unintended consequences of the pandemic?
- What is the role of the patient safety departments in this time?
- Is the learning being captured?
- What support is in place for healthcare workers?
- Staff wearing PPE, has shifts been changed to reduce physiological issues?
- Will any of the new changes remain after COVID19?
- What learnings could be applied to LMICs?
- What communication channels are being used?
- How would you priortise testing due to lack of kits?
- How can ISQua help?
You can view the recording here:
Or listen to the podcast:
Jason Leitch has worked for the Scottish Government since 2007, and in January 2015 was appointed as the National Clinical Director in the Health and Social Care Directorate. He is a Scottish Government Director and a member of the Health and Social Care Management Board. He is one of the senior team responsible for the NHS in Scotland.
Dominique Allwood is Assistant Director of Improvement at The Heath Foundation and Consultant in Public Health Medicine and Quality Improvement at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. Dominique is a doctor by background and has spent 14 years working in various parts of health care including provider and commissioner organizations, think tanks and national bodies.
You can find more resources and information on COVID19 on our dedicated COVID19 Resource Page - https://www.isqua.org/covid-19-research-page.html