ISQua is offering applicants who were born in, work in, or intend to return to work in Africa, Latin America or any Low and Lower- Middle-Income countries, the opportunity to apply for the 2020 Lucian Leape Fellowship. This programme supports one physician or health care leader to advance and expand their expertise in patient safety, and improve the safety of patients in their local area.
This is the second year of this joint initiative between ISQua and the Lucian Leape Foundation.
The programme is clinically-oriented, designed to provide the Leape Fellow with additional training in the theory of Patient Safety Science and interventions to improve patient safety. This includes training to identify and analyse adverse events, and developing interventions to address these events at a system level.
To be considered for this Programme, candidates must possess key skills and attributes.
Candidates for the Leape Fellowship will be health professionals who:
- Are physicians who have completed their clinical training (speciality residency or equivalent) OR are Health Care Providers who have completed training, equivalent to a residency in their field of practice
- Will commit to including patient safety as a core value of their future work in health care
- Have a written and signed commitment from their home institution to provide them with a role in the organisation’s patient safety programme on completion of their Fellowship
- Have completed the first year of the ISQua Fellowship Programme requirement, OR the HPM-affiliated Master’s degree programme at the Harvard Chan School OR equivalent professional qualification in health policy or health management
- Were born in and work in Africa, Latin America or any LIC or LMIC, as identified by the World Bank
- Have not been previously awarded an ISQua Education or Conference Fellowship.
The closing date for applications is 6th March 2020. To find out more, and to apply, please visit https://www.isqua.org/scholarships/lucian-leape-patient-safety-fellowship.html