ISQua/ASQua/JCT Joint Fellowship Programme
This Joint Programme is co-designed in collaboration with the Asian Society for Quality in Health Care (ASQua) and the Joint Commission of Taiwan (JCT). This joint initiative provides Chinese-speaking healthcare professionals with the opportunity to benefit from leading content from both ISQua, ASQua and JCT.
In order to achieve the Joint Programme Fellowship (FHQS), the participants are required to attain 60 credits (JCT Content – 30 credits, ISQua Content – 20 credits, Electives – 10 credits) within their initial 12- month subscription period. To maintain their Joint Programme, participants need to attain 40 credits per year.
Both ISQua and JCT have contributed content to this programme. The JCT Content and a proportion of ISQua Content is available in Chinese. The rest of the ISQua Content is available in English.
- Content in Chinese
- Access to all ISQua educational resources in English
- Post Nominal FHSQ (Fellowship of Health Care Quality & Safety)
- Mentoring by internationally recognised experts in health care quality & safety
- Entitlement to receive Fellowship Certificate at official graduation ceremony at ISQua Conference
- Name and bio display in ISQua global directory (Meet the Fellows)
- Exclusive events at ISQua Conference
- Complimentary access to partner resources
- Networking opportunities with peers and experts
- Discounted rates to ISQua partner courses
- Opportunities to showcase your research
- Exclusive discounts for other ISQua Education Programmes
- Be invited to enter an abstract for the ISQua Conference. Should your abstract be ranked as one of the top five ISQua/ASQua/JCT Joint Fellowship abstracts accepted for the ISQua Conference by the ISQua Abstract Committee, your abstract will be upgraded to 5-minute poster presentation
- Exclusive access to presentations from the International Conference
- Membership of ISQua
ISQua Fellowship through Japanese
ISQua Education is delighted to bring Japanese-language webinars on healthcare quality and safety to our Japanese audience. These complimentary webinars are developed in conjunction with the Japan Council for Quality Health Care (JQ).
Prerequisite for Jefferson online graduate certificate & master's degree
Thomas Jefferson University’s College of Population Health (JCPH) has developed a specialized online graduate certificate and master’s degree option for participants of the ISQua Fellowship Programme. ISQua Fellows are eligible for a 15% discount on tuition fees to complete a 15-credit Jefferson graduate certificate (C-HQSi) or 30-credit Master of Science Degree in Healthcare Quality and Safety (MS-HQSi) designed specifically for an international audience. Specified ISQua coursework, including webinars and a non-credit introductory online session designed by JCPH and ISQua, will serve as a prerequisite for the Jefferson programs.
Eligibility: Fellowship Programme participants only. Not a Fellowship Programme participant yet? Register now.
International Certificate in Health Care Quality and Safety (C-HQSi) (15 credits)
Master of Science in International Health Care Quality & Safety (MS-HQSi) (30 credits)
- HPL 550: Comparative Health Systems (3c)
- HQS 503: HQS Measurement & Outcomes Analysis (3c)
- HQS 505: HQS Tools and Methods (3c)
- HPL 508: Health Informatics and Population Health Analytics (3c)
- HPL 560: Comparative Health Finance and Economics (3c)
- HQS 501: Organization Development & Change in Health Care (3c)
- HQS 507: Advanced HQS Tools & Methods in Clinical Settings (3c)
- HPL 554: Comparative Health Law (3c)
- POP 500: Essentials of Population Health (3c)
- HPL 650: Capstone Seminar & Project (3c)
Bold = HQSi Certificate (15 credits). All courses taken for the Certificate can be applied to the Master’s degree.
For more information on these online courses, visit the JCPH website
Contact Caroline Usher (ISQua) or April Smith Ph: 01-1-215 503-5305 (Thomas Jefferson University) for further assistance
Please note that completion of the ISQua/JCPH prerequisites does not automatically admit ISQua Fellowship Programme participants on to the Jefferson Certificate and Master of Science degree programmes and is subject to meeting Jefferson College of Public Health's standard admission requirements
Jefferson College of Population Health has developed "The Introduction to Quality in Health Care" especially for ISQua Fellows. This programme consists of seven, three-hour, online learning modules:
Module 1: The Global Face of Quality in Health Care
Module 2: Organizational Leadership in Health Care
Module 3: Improvement Science Strategies
Module 4: Quality Improvement Decision-Making and Intervention Planning
Module 5: The Impact of Safety Culture on Global Patient Safety
Module 6: Internal and External Influences on Quality and Safety
Module 7: The Influence of Technology and Information Management on Global Health Care Quality
Jefferson College of Population Health has identified a number of resources from the ISQua Fellowship Programme library to be completed. Fellowship programme participants must choose six webinars from each of the five sections listed here.
Undergraduate Programme with Tsinghua University (Chinese)
The ISQua Undergraduate Programme provides education in the areas of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety for undergraduate students. The programme consists of two modules of 20 hours each, which feature lesson materials created by a range of healthcare experts in order to provide learners with a varied and interesting mix of activities to enhance their skills.
Students will be expected to complete the two modules as part of their undergraduate training. They will be supervised by local trainers, with their knowledge being gauged through a combination of online and face-to-face assessments. The ISQua Undergraduate Programme will require learners to complete 20 credit points for each module before they are granted recognition by both their university and ISQua.